Galvashield® Fusion™ T2 Anode for Concrete
Fusion Technology, the next generation of cathodic protection for reinforced concrete, combines the power of impressed current cathodic protection with the maintenance-free performance of galvanic anodes.
The Galvashield Fusion T2 hybrid anode attacks the root cause of corrosion with a powerful dose of electrochemical treatment.
Galvashield Fusion provides two-phase protection within a single embedded anode unit.
- Phase 1 ‐ an intense burst of self-generated electrical current strikes the reinforcing steel and passivates rebar corrosion
- Phase 2 ‐ after the impressed current phase, galvanic anodes shield the structure from future corrosion damage
- The novel approach naturally switches from Phase1 to Phase 2 without external monitoring or human intervention
Galvashield Fusion T2 anodes are Type 2 anodes installed into holes drilled into sound concrete to protect actively corroding reinforcing steel in corrosive conditions for up to 30+ years.
Galvashield Fusion is the ideal solution for long term, low maintenance preservation of structures suffering from corrosion-induced concrete damage such as:
- Bridge rehabilitation
- Multi-story carpark restoration
- Balcony repair for old flats
- Residential and commercial building rehabilitation in a coastal environment
- Industrial facility maintenance and repair
- Repair of corroding Piers and Wharfs in a saltwater or brackish marine environment
Fusion Technology Benefits
- Preserve reinforced concrete structures
- Shorten the construction schedule because less anodes are required per square meter
- After system validation is complete as per ISO 12696, there are no long term monitoring and maintenance requirements
- Economically protect the entire structure or selectively target corrosion hotspots based on project requirements